What is ‘THE LAST WORD’?
On the eve of the NBA’s decision on the fate of the Sacramento Kings, The Last Word is a video competition that will provide fans a final opportunity to share why the Kings should stay in Sacramento. The competition is a collaboration of Think BIG Sacramento and the many grassroots groups who’ve come together to support this cause: Here We Stay, Crown Downtown, Here We Buy, the Playing to Win Tour, and Sactown Royalty.
Shoewear manufacturer FILA is providing monetary and in-kind support.
How do I participate?
1. Create a video no longer than 1 minute that conveys why you believe the Kings should stay in Sacramento.
4. The top ten videos will be announced by Think BIG Sacramento on Tuesday, April 16th.
• April 7, 2013 – Contest opens.
• April 15, 2013 – Last day to submit your video (by 12:00 p.m. PST)
• April 16, 2013 – Top ten videos announced
Videos will be evaluated based on the following criteria, weighed equally:
• Creativity: Video presents content in a memorable, artistic, and innovative way that viewers are compelled to watch to completion
• Persuasiveness: Video presents strong and compelling arguments for why the Kings should stay in Sacramento
• Spirit: Video captures the spirit of the Sacramento at this historic moment for our community
• Quality of video production: Video has high resolution and audio quality, and effectively employs visual aesthetics and cinematography.
• Appropriate content: Video does not contain indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory, or offensive material.
The ten finalist videos will each receive a $500 gift card from Fila.com as part of FILA’s partnership with Think BIG Sacramento.
Prizes are awarded at Think BIG’s discretion.
• The video’s creator must be 10 or over. Entrants who are minors must obtain a parent’s or guardian’s consent to enter the contest.
• Video can’t last more than 1 minute.
• Video must be posted to an online site (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo) accessible to the judging panel
• Video must use appropriate language and content.
• Video must properly clear and credit any source music, film clips, images, or locations you use.
• Only submit one entry per person.
• Entrants must agree to the terms and conditions of the contest.